Cortina d'Ampezzo shows off its credentials to the world
This winter Cortina d'Ampezzo in the glorious Dolomites is set to show off its credentials to the world as the Queen of Italian lifestyle, snow-sports, culture and gastronomy.
Alpine skiing, freeride, ski mountaineering, Nordic ski, snowboard, snowshoeing, ice hockey and much more ... Cortina d'Ampezzo is the only Italian mountain resort included amongst the 12 Best of the Alps destinations, exclusively positioned in the UNESCO World Natural Heritage Dolomites, and offers a full range of winter activities plus an action-packed events calendar for the upcoming ski season.
- The full winter media press release is attached, but here's a taster of what's included:
- Cortina to host the 2021 Ski World Championships
- in March 2017 the International Ski Travel Market will be in Cortina - the first time this significant event to be held in Italy
- the Women's Ski World Cup is in Cortina for the 25th year running
- snow-kiting returns to Cortina this season
- fat-biking for a gripping time on snow
- WinteRace vintage car rally on icy surfaces
- snowshoeing for a peaceful connection with nature in snowfields
- fashion weekend for style, food and glamour
- more opportunities for staying on the mountain in cosy Rifugios or in the glass-walled Starlight Room
- wellness with high-altitude and outdoor saunas and hot-tubs
- delicious local gastronomic specialities like casunziei - stop-go moon-shaped pasta filled with either beetroot for a red-stop or spinach and wild herbs for a green-go dish
- carnival and festivals in March with music and creativity